Another Week, Another Delay

Today (Friday) was supposed to be the beginning of Lizzy’s FINAL inpatient admission.  Unfortunately, yesterday when we had her blood counts checked, her platelet count was too low to be able to tolerate the chemo.  It wasn’t low enough to where she needed a transfusion (thank you God), but it was low enough that her admission has been postponed.

So, we will check her blood counts again on Monday and if all of the counts are acceptable, then she will get admitted on Tuesday for a 2-day admission.  This also means that the 2 subsequent outpatient treatments have been pushed back as well.  They will now take place 1 week and 2 weeks after the inpatient admission begins.  If this schedule holds, then her final chemo treatment will now be on March 5, followed by a new set of scans about 2 weeks after final treatment, followed by port removal 2-3 days after scans.

While we are a little disappointed in the delay, we definitely want Lizzy’s body to be as strong as possible for these remaining treatments, and if we’ve learned anything over the past 15 months, it’s that we’ve just got to roll with the punches.

With that, we will enjoy the weekend together and think about next week when it gets here.  I hope each of you enjoy your weekend as well – hug those around you and tell them you love them!!  Happy (late) Valentine’s Day to everyone!!

2 Replies to “Another Week, Another Delay”

  1. You are almost there . Your family has endured so much and you have been able to keep your focus on Christ through this ordeal. Thank you for your testimony. Prayers will continue, lifting your beautiful family up before our Lord.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *